Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart Alignment with no dimension

I am seeing strange behavior in QV10.  When I create a bar chart that has multiple expressions and no dimensions, the bars are aligned to the left creating strange empty space on the right.  When a dimension is used with a single expression, the results are centered as normal.  Can anyone explain why this is and how we can resolve the issue? I have attached a very small qvw example to illustrate.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron ,

May be it's happening because when no. of expressions increases chart tries to auto-size itself to fix to the axis length , try to give a single expression with no dimensions then u'll get a bar on the center of the chart & try giving 2 or more expressions then the style of the chart is grouping to itself & trying to autofix its size.

thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

The way I fixed the problem is to create a calculated dimension.  In the calculated dimension I just put a '1'.  Also uncheck 'Show Legend' and 'Label'.  The goal is just that there is some dimension for the chart.  It fixed my Qlikview.  I hope it will fix yours.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Although the formatting problem seems like a bug that should be fixed, in at least the above example, selecting a continuous axis also fixed the problem.

anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

For me this problem came when I was using two dimensions instead of one. Did not know it can come with no dimensions as well.