Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II

Map For one country with cites

Hi Experts,

This is urgent please,

I'm in a project and one of the requirements is to build a sales map for Saudi Arabia only related to sales on Qlikview and i tied my best to build a map but failed so can anyone help on this, please.

Cuntry, City , Sales

Saudi Arabia , Riyadh, 4000

Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, 3000

exc.

stevedarkrwunderlich

11 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

The issue is i don't have location numbers for the area

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

you can easily find it using google maps, like this:

coordinates.png.

so here, latitude and longitude for RIYADH is:

latitude: 24.7241503

longitude: 46.2620456

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How many locations do you have to look up the lat and long for?  Up to a certain number of cities finding the locations will be best done manually, as youssefbelloum‌ suggests.  If you have many locations you may want to look at using the Google Maps Geocoding API to pull the locations.

Steve

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Yes, i created many scripts before that fetch the coordinates from the google API with looping on the list of adresses. But they have put limits if you loop with a huge list of adresses, so you will need to sleep the script, use differents api Keys etc

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

And it makes sense when I see that the most of Geo coding services are paid services or offered inside paid tools,GeoQlik for example

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The way to go is to do it incrementally, saving after each location to QVD.  When the API runs out the script will bail out (using ERRORMODE and trapping for the error is useful here).  If each time you just get locations of cities you don't know where they are yet after a number of runs it will find everything - and the script will be ready for when a new city appears in your data.

The trick is to ensure you only ask for each city once, at least then it is a finite list.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Actually, I'm Not good in Maps many time i tried to create it but nothing work.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If you guys can guide me in this i will be more than happy.