Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I seperate qvwebserver and qvs?

HI
My server is low performance now. And I notice that qvwebserver has a heavy load. Can I install 2 servers, which one  installed qvwebserver and the other  installed qvs? And how can I reduce load in server but not clustering.

Thank you

Zhou

50 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can split off the web server, qlikview server, and publisher onto their own servers using only one set of licenses. Remember all the services are accessible by web service calls, so as long as they have proper communication you should be able to split them off.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

If the qlikview web server is consuming a lot of processing and memory, you should also consider using IIS as a webserver and see if that helps.

You can also have more than one webserver if you split them.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Can you help me and tell me how to  split off the web server and qlikview server . Is there any document about this? Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

- install QVS on 2 machines (M1, M2)

- On M2 edit C:\profiles\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config xml.

Set Host and - if you use tunneling - TunnelHost to M1

- You can now switch off the QVWS on M1

Not applicable
Author

Hi, edelmeier

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me which tag shoud I edit in config.xml? Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi wormecota,

Basically,you have to configure whatever required. I recommend changing only the settings that need to be changed...

If you use tunnelling : Config->Tunnelhost

If you use Ajax : Config->Ajax->QvsHost

if you use the AccessPoint : Config->AccessPoint->AddCluster->AddQvs->Machine (haven't tried that, as we use ticketing instead of the AccessPoint)

Not applicable
Author

HI edelmeier,

It is great that you are online. I test just now but failed. I add m1 as below. I use opendoc.htm to open qvw documents. But after added the M1 qvs, I test failed. When I visit http://m2/qlikview , nothing displayed. Could you please help me to solve the problem. thanks!

捕获.JPG

Not applicable
Author

I want to use one server as qvs and the other as qvws. And I edit config.xml but no use.

Not applicable
Author

If I seperate them, do I need to have some "linsence" ? Or do I need to do something to enable the function? thans a lot.