Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Create Password Protection for Report in Nprinting 17.2 (Connect to Qlik Sense)?

Dear All

I use Nprinting Qlik (PixelPerfect) to create reports and send them to the customer by Email and I want to password protection for reports, each client has a different password, but I do not know how?

I found in the document "https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13958" but it look like does not apply to Qlik Nprinting 17.2 (connect to Qlik Sense 3.1)

I want to know can I create passwords for each report? and if so then how can do it?

Thanks and Best Regard

An Pham

15 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

If you want Excel reports my suggestion is to create Excel template to have the best control on the output. I suggest to not to create a PixelPerfect to generate reports in formats different than PDF.

Unfortunately the feature to password protect Excel reports is not yet implemented in Qlik NPrinting 17+. It is available for the 16 family.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I thought so. Thank you very much.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I am still trying to find a workaround for this, so I tried to create a template in Excel, protect the template with the password and then import it to Nprinting. Everything worked fine, it allowed me to open the Nprinting designer and edit the template (it asked me for the password and let me see the report) but unfortunately it didn't let me save the report. It gave me an error saying "an error occured when elaborating the entity tags". I tried changing the tags and even save the report with no tags but didn't work.

Therefore I am assuming that the error pops up because of the password protection in the template excel file What do you think ? Could there be any other reason causing this error message ?

Thanks

Kristina

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Password protection is not yet supported in 17+ versions. I suggested a workaround that works only for PixelPerfect reports but not in Microsoft Office templates. So Office passwords arr not managed at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes thanks. I am hoping it will be available in future versions. Any idea if it is on the roadmap ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

No, I ask.

BR,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero