Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Named CAL licence problem

Hi,

I have set-up the named CAL's as below in my QV server. But when the user access any QVW using access point it is using a session cal instead of named cal.

QEMC -> System -> licenses -> QlikView Server -> client aceess licenses (CALs)

General: uncheck allow dynamic CAL assignment
Assigned CALs: entered the network id of the user

What is that I am doing wrong here, that the system is using a session instead of named cal for this user?

Regards,
Murali

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is now resolved.

The issue is.. while allocating the named cals, I didn't mention the user name prefixed with domain name. When I have given domainname\username it did work for me.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

check allow dynamic CAL assignment

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Murali,

General: uncheck allow dynamic CAL assignment

is where your problem is, you need the dynamic assignment ticked so that the system is able to assign the CAL to the user names you have created

thanks

Joe

Not applicable
Author

I assume checking this option, will dynamically assign named CAL's to all users who access the QVW. Isn't it the case?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You shouldn't need to assign licenses dynamically.

It's either two things in my opinion, you got the network id wrong or the system is not being able to authenticate the user, hence is assigning a session cal. If you have a proxy it's probably because the user has not added the qlikview server to the proxy exceptions.

Here is how QlikView assigns licenses

1. If already a Named user, use this license

2. If already a Document CAL user, use this license, if not

3. Are there any Named User CALs available, allocate a license, if not

4. Are there any Document CALs available, allocate a license, if not

5. Are there any Session CALs available, allow the user to use a session, if not

6. Are there any Usage CALs available, allocate a Usage CAL, if not

7. If there are no CALs available, the user will be prompted to contact the system manager to request a license.

Not applicable
Author

Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your response. its very useful.

The other thing I am observing is, if I assign document CAL's to a user for a document (using QEMC -> user documents), it is picking the document cal for that user. Because of this I haven't checked the proxy settings. But I will ask my network administrator to check this for me.

You think is there any other settings that I need to check?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Murali

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, I'm a bit lost.

The same user has a document cal assigned for a document and it's working fine. Then why would want that same user to have a named cal also assigned?

Not applicable
Author

The scenarios is... we have 2 users. User A is set-up as named user and User B for document cal. The system is allocating a document cal to User B but for User A it is allocating a session cal.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Then, go to User A and check network proxy exceptions in the IE settings.

Not applicable
Author

Apologies for my lack of knowledge in this area.. could you please help me or direct me to link on how to make this proxy chnage for user A?