cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension Limitation in Qliksense Bar Chart

Hi All

I am setting the Dimension limit to 10 in the Bar chart and on clicking the 'Other' I want to display the remaining Dimensional values as well in the same chart only.

Is there any way I can do that in Qliksense?

22 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

And don't forget to uncheck "include zero values" under Add-ons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please elaborate this expression?

Also, I should put this in the measure section right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But this solution will display the Top states as well in the Alternate states. Could it be avoided?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Yes you should put it as a measure (replace Sum(Quantity))

=if(GetSelectedCount(State)=0, if(rank(Sum(Quantity),4)<=3, Sum(Quantity)), Sum({1}Quantity))

=if(GetSelectedCount(State)=0 ==> will look if you have made selection(s) on the State dimension

if you did not (=0):

if(rank(Sum(Quantity),4)<=3 ==> will filter on TOP 2 sum(Quantity) values using rank function and return the Sum(Quantity) TOP 2 values

finally the ELSE part of the first IF, which means if you have made selections on State and so you want to display all the dimensions values, here the {1} inside the expression means that all the dimensions are disconnected, so all the bars will be displayed

ErikWetterberg

Well you can limit to the bottom X entries, and if you know the total number it is possible, but you'll have to put a hard limit, cannot make it dynamic.

Erik Wetterberg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if(rank(Sum(Quantity),4)<=3

Can you please tell me if i want to display the top 10 values then what should be the expression in the above?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, I am using two dimensions in real time scenario so, will Alternate Dimension work in that case?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, this code doesn't work on the color coded expression.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

You don't need to display specific top N values..

You can display as much Top values as you want using rank..

Did you give it a try ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. But it's not giving me the desired result.