cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III

pivot table formatting-qlik sense

In my qlik sense pivot table, I have a dimension called Customer_Name. But some long names will be shown in several rows. I want the format to be one name one row. How could I do that?

z.PNG

Any trick is acceptable as well! Thanks a lot!

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use another space character than the standard one. I have tested that the "no-break space" character behaves just like you want it to and according to what it is named.

Non-breaking space looks like a regular space Chr(32) but is a Chr(160)

So you could wrap any string in the Replace(CustomerName,' ',Chr(160)) and it will look the same but behave differently.

Here you can see a Pivot Table where the row #2 and 3 have non-breaking space instead of a regular space:

2018-04-19 15_52_16-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

You can investigate the different spaces and their character codes with the Windows utility named CharMap:

2018-04-19 15_57_15-Character Map.png

Here I have searched for "Space" in the "Search for :" and found all characters that have "Space" in their character description. The first one that comes up is No-Break Space which is Unicode hexadecimal A0 which is decimal 160.

wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much! I gave it a go, then many names break into:

Customer N

ame

Is it possible to fix this?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It didnt do that for me.... you can look closely in the screenshot I provided first. Which version of Qlik Sense are you using. I am using the Qlik Sense Desktop February 2018 Patch 1.

wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm using qlik sense 2.2.4. The only difference we have is I got 3 rows for dimension. Will it affect anything?