Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Qliksense Log Files have filled up server

Hello

How do I reduce the amount/size of logs?

I've run out of disk space.

This location seems to be the problem

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\

Can someone point me in the direction of which setting I can change

thanks

12 Replies
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

good answer - i must have been psychic cos that's just what i did - zip the script log files

That returned me another 3 GB

I'll stick with 5 mins for the time being i think.

Thanks again

deepanshu_chamo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Tyler

I am too facing the same issue. The Achieved logs keeps on increasing and it takes our Maximum Disk Space for Production Env.

Could you please help me to know what is the Ideal Time Frame to keep the Logs for any analyzing perspective.

Thanks

Deepanshu

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi deepanshu.chamoli‌ - There is no one "ideal" timeframe for everyone. But you might consider a few things -

1- How much history do you want to see for sessions and usage (licensing)? 12 months seems typical

2- How likely are you to go back further than 3 months ago to troubleshoot some issue?

3- How many months of performance measures would help you understand capacity needs and anticipate the need for expansion?

I think the ideal situation is to retain long history (12-24 months) of certain logs (for licensing, app usage), and short history (3-6 months) for troubleshooting logs.

However, keeping this kind of mixed history would be a manual process unless you devise an automated script to accomplish this.

Candidates for Longer history -

- Scheduler > Trace > TaskExecutionHistory

- Engine > Trace > Session_Engine

- Repository >.. > AuditSecurity_Repository

- Proxy > .. > AuditSecurity_Proxy

- Engine > Trace > Performance