Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Is it possible to not provide selection option in a pivot table?

Hi Experts,

I have a pivot table in my dashboard... i dont want user to make selection in the pivot table... So, Is it possible to restrict user to select the values in the table..

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Depending on what you really expect, you can declared your pivot table in "read only" mode.

To do so, open the properties of your pivot table, in the tab General, check the option "Read only"

regards

Gilles

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Please share your idea/experience

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do you mean to say that there should not be any kind of effect of filters on your pivot table.

If yes the you can add set analysis in expression of your pivot.

like this.

Sum({1}Value)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
its_anandrjs

Hi,

If your means that no one can click and select any field on pivot table if so i suggest you to put a text box over whole area of pivot table and make its transperancy 100% and set layout layer top of text box and set Bottom layer to the pivot chart it is a trick by this you are not alow any one to change any value or select any value.

Regards

Anand

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

go to prsentation

select the field which you want to select  in left pane

and check the  dropdown option

you can do this for all fields which are in dimension

Hope this helps you

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Depending on what you really expect, you can declared your pivot table in "read only" mode.

To do so, open the properties of your pivot table, in the tab General, check the option "Read only"

regards

Gilles

sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Gilles

It is the best solution