Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Different presentation behavior on two machines

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand the reason for a different behavior experienced on different machines, on the same version of Qlik Sense Desktop (same is happening on Qlik Cloud as well).

On one machine, hovering over a chart, brings up the icons on top of the chart and hovering over a chart value (a bar, for example) brings up a pop-up with the values of the Dimension and of the Measure. Right-click on the chart opens a rectangular context menu (see screen shot).

On another machine, hovering over a chart does nothing, as well as hovering over a chart value. Clicking on the value brings up the pop-up, along with the selection bar. Right-click on the chart brings up the same icons, but not as a rectangular menu. Instead, the icons are presented in a circle.

Both machines are running Windows 10 and the latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop (April 2018). I tried it in the Qlik Sense Desktop itself, and in Chrome, and in Internet Explorer. Same behavior is experienced on the Qlik Cloud, which I believe is running the previous version of Qlik Sense...

Any ideas why is it happening, and how to solve it (I'd like to see the pop-up come up when hovering, on both machines).

thank you!

Oleg Troyansky

5 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

One is a touch screen - different behaviour

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Lisa,

thank you for your response! Yes, indeed one of the computers is a desktop with a "regular" screen and the other is a laptop with a touch screen. In this case, the touch screen feature causes reduced functionality in Qlik Sense - the ability to hover over the chart and see values without clicking is very valuable to me.

Is there any way to modify this behavior and to get the pop-up labels appear even on a touch screen? I'd hate to have to replace my laptop with an old-style non-touch screen just because of that...

Appreciate your insight!

thanks!

Oleg Troyansky

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

You can turn off the touch screen feature on windows using the device manager and this should then behave differently in Qlik Sense.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

I have tried this and it works

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thank you very much! I'll give it a shot!