Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

QVW Log File Not Updating During Refresh (12.20 11/2017)

Hi,

We recently upgraded one of our systems from 11.20 to 12.20 November 2017 Edition, and now I'm noticing that the log files for the QVWs no longer update dynamically as the document is refreshed. We use this to track progress, so I'm hoping that I'm missing a setting and that this isn't a known function of the new version.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

6 Replies
kiv
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott,

Are you talking about document logs or task logs?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The logs do update, but during reloads they're kept somewhere else. At the end of every run, they will be moved to their final location. Whether the task was successful or not.

Start a task and check out C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch.

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Katarina,

I'm talking about task logs.

Thanks,

Scott

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. I just checked that directory, and I see information there up until last Friday when we upgraded from the initial release to SR2. Now we're not getting any updated in that directory even though we have tasks running pretty much all the time. I'll have to look around and see if they got moved somehow on the upgrade.

Thanks,

Scott

kiv
Employee
Employee

Task logs never end up in the QlikViewBatch folder, they are under DistributionService. Check QMC and where QDS app data folder is pointing to and also check QMS logs if there is anything about retrieving task logs.

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

If you are reloading a document using QlikView Desktop Client, the log file is first created in this folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView\Script

After the reload is complete, the log file is then moved / copied to the same folder as the QVW.

When reloading using Publisher with version 12.20 SR4, I find that the log file is first created here:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Script

After reloading is complete, it is moved to a folder whose path looks like this:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\20180425