Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Rest Connector Not Working

Hi Techies,

I have web source with which I am trying to connect with Qlik by REST connector, but it is giving me error.

Test2.png

Only 8080 port is open on data source.

When I am trying to open the same URL, it is responding JSON data but REST connector is responding error.

Which ports do we need to open on web source for Rest Connector ?

Can you please help me to fix it.

Best,

Rohit

8 Replies
rolandraijmaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

Normally REST Services work with HTTP procotol, port 80.

Port 8080 is normaly used als an alternatieve port to port 80.

ex.:  try http://some.domain.com:80 and http://some.domain.com:8080

Where some.domain.com has to be replaced with your own URL.

Another option is to increase the timeout value in the connection string. the current setting in your screenshot is 120 seconds.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your input. It was working with same port and time out.

Can you please tell me can we use variable in Qlik Sense REST connector POST body as my data source has limit to respond a request to If I can use variable in POST body , might be it helps me ??

Best,

Rohit

rolandraijmaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

‌hi Rohit,

i’m Using de REST CONNECTOR Qlikview but that should make no difference to Qliksense.

I‘m only using REST with GET, and i do a lot of subsitions placing variables inside the connection strings.

If i’m substituting  parts of the string i’m always use dollar sign expansion.

greatings

Roland.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Ronaldo,

So are you saying, we can use variable with dollar sign in connection string(POST REQUEST) ?

I believe in GET request you can view URL in scripting but POST request send data which is not visible, how can we do it with POST then ?

Best.

Rohit

rolandraijmaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rohit,

As i said, I'm limited to the GET part of de Rest Services.

I did found 2 articles on the community.

POST Data using REST Connector

Connection REST Post with request body | Qlik Community

Both show problems that are not solved. But please look at the 'WITH CONNECTION' option. There they use $sign expansion with variables.

It looks like the first make a POST connection and in the query itself through the WITH CONNECTION the use variables to alter the header or request body. this is done with variables in the Qlikview script.

thats the best I can find at this moment.

Greatings,

Roland

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Ronald,

Can you please share screen shot or help me to find the option "WITH CONNECTION" ?

Best,

Rohit

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Ronald,

This one Connection REST Post with request body | Qlik Community is using variable in pagination but Pagination request comes in scripting so you can use variable there, here I need to use variable for lets say Region variable so let say if I create a variable vRegion and it has assigned value is REGION1 then I want replace REGION1 with REGION2 and so on so I can fetch data for all region.

All this REGION variable will be used for POST BODY request but I can't see anything for REGION in scripting mode . Can you please help me more if it is possible to do it ?