cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joefeyas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

VB script question - SelectValues

Is there away to make the field selection NOT be case-sensitive?
ActiveDocument.Fields("SomeField").SelectValues  MyValues()
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe you can use search strings in the API. Just use Select and ToggleSelect instead of SelectValues.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Why not use the triggered action Selection > Select in Field instead of doing it from a macro?

joefeyas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

The user is inputing a comma delimited list (usually copied from an email etc) into an input box and selecting a field to search on.

Many cases its a numeric field like cust_id so, but in the case of something like CITY if the user enters them as:  trenton, new york, seattle

The selection will fail to find  "Trenton" "New York"  "SEATTLE" etc...

joefeyas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I tried a Select In Field action setting search string to an expression based on = 'MixMatch ... and it seems to work!   (Theres a few hundred fields to test in the data model so I'm still a ways from declaring total victory)

However, I'd still like to see if there is way to fix the issue using the API. If anyone has any ideas, please post.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe you can use search strings in the API. Just use Select and ToggleSelect instead of SelectValues.

-Rob

joefeyas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I modified my macro to use ToggleSelect and that worked.   (Search input was '3m usa' and it found both '3M USA' and '3M Usa')

Now to see how well it scales up to 500 inputs at once...  Unfortunatly the mixmatch method described above crashed the server when I tried to scale it, although it works great for < 10 search values.

Thanks 🙂

Not applicable

Hi joefeyas,

Can you provide the end example of what you found to work using toggle select with user input? I am interested in allowing users to input a list of style numbers to select at one time, and this sounds like it could help.

Thanks!

Tyler