cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading data from excel on sharepoint in qlikview

Hi,

I want to load data from excel which is on sharepoint site (secured one) using sharepoint connector . Can somebody please guide how can we load data .

Thanks and Regards

Priyanka

1 Reply
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

To get the file, you need to get it's UniqueID, which you can get in the following way...

• Authenticate against your O365 Sharepoint instance
  • Run the 'ListFolders' table to list your folders and copy the "ServerRelativeUrl" value against the folder.
    • In my test instance the Excel file i want to get is in folder that's with the "Share Documents" folder, so i use this table again and enter '/Shared Documents' into the folder parameter and see the folder it's in. I then copy it's ServerRelativeUrl which is something like '/Shared Documents/my folder'
  • I then go to the ListFiles table and paste the folder's relative url into the Folder field and run the table
    • this then lists all the documents in that folder
  • Go to the GetFile table and use the UniqueID to run the table
  • As it's Excel, the preview in QWC will probably show you nonsense, but if you go to the QlikView or Qlik Sense tab there's a URL that you can copy and then use in QlikView or Qlik Sense App as a URL/Web File path
    • just follow the steps to get you data.

I hope this helps and although it looks like a lot of steps, it's quite easy and once your application is set up is just a case of hitting reload.

Darren