Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

display error message in qlik sense

hi

i need a result in qlik sense like

the report should execute only when  filter is selected. Else the report should not execute i.e where i need to see an error message.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Please find the attached app. Here you can see the chart only when you have selected the Month1 filter only.

Need to apply this condition in the add-ons.

getselectedcount(Month1)=1

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Need some clarification.

What do you mean by execute?  Are you talking about the load script or the just looking at the dashboard?

Are you saying that you want the dashboard to default to a filter value?  There may be some extensions you could use to do this.  But am not sure.

You possibly could use section access to limit what the user sees when the dashboard opens.  But you can't block the dashboard from displaying when they open it.

rittermd
Master
Master

You also can force the user to make a selection in order to display a visualization by using the Data Handling under Add Ons section in your chart properties.

If they don't make a selection then it will display a message where the chart would be.  You can customize the message.

pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Please find the attached app. Here you can see the chart only when you have selected the Month1 filter only.

Need to apply this condition in the add-ons.

getselectedcount(Month1)=1