Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heij1421
Partner - Contributor III

User or certificate X509N:<S>CN=QlikClient generates authentification error

Hi,

I have Qlik Sense installed and everything works fine. I installed the november 2017 release.

Within my Windows event viewer I keep getting a message every x hours.

It looks like a Qlik Sense service tries to authenticate user 'Qlikclient' (which I don't use myself) and which does not succeed.

I don't use Kerberos (unchecked in the QMC).

In folder C:\programdata\Qlik\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificated I tried to delete all *.pem files. It looks like this client.pem has something to do with it. But when I delete these files and restart all services, these files are regenerated again and used.

What can I do to prevent the system generating these errors?

Thanks for help,

Bart

2018-01-16 13_59_36-QlikSense (002).png

13 Replies
Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Bart,

Did you solve it? I am getting the same and don't know what's the reason.

Yousef Amarneh
flaurntiu

I could not find sufficient information on the Qlik support site and forums to solve this issue yet.
Investigation continues. If anyone has a clue, please share your thoughts...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bart,

This is currently under investigation by R&D and it was registered as a bug.

rpalumbo
Contributor
Contributor

I was just curious if there were any more details on this or if there were any type of resolution?

heij1421
Author

No news yet. It is still registered as a bug at Qlik.

sparrow_hawk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi guys, I'm seeing these authentication failures as well. AD Audit shows around a thousand events a week at various frequencies. It would be good to get a resolution for this as it is making our security audits look bad!

flaurntiu

The issue is still under investigation by Qlik technicians.
It indeed is something to get rid of, since the Event log is logging all these messages, which can be hundreds or even more a day...

heij1421
Author

Hi All,

Today I received a message that this issue is solved in the new September 2018 release!

I didn't test this yet, but hopefully it is fixed.

Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:44
Cc: Qlik Support <support@qlik.com>
Subject: Qlik Sense September 2018 Release - Bug Fix Included

Dear Qlik Sense user

We are pleased to confirm that Qlik Sense September 2018 has been released and is now available on our download site.   In addition to new features and functionality this release includes a bug fix linked to one of your support cases.   Attached please find a copy of the Sense September 2018 release notes with details of all the included bug fixes.   If you are planning to upgrade to Qlik Sense September 2018 remember to always follow best practices and make backups prior to upgrading and please review support article Upgrading to June or September 2018 important info.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Qlik Support.   Thank you for choosing Qlik software and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Kind regards

tanjagarces
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Have you noticed whether the problem went away after you upgraded?

I've upgraded our server over the weekend, but these logs are still coming up.

Not as many as before, but still happening.