Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III

Match vs WildMatch vs MixMatch

Hi all,

I have just gone through the Qlik site but I'm not clear when exactly we should use Match or WildMatch or MixMatch?

Can you please give one -one example of each one. So, that I can clearly differentiate among all these three.

I only understand from Qlik site that Match is case sensitive and WildMatch and MixMatch is not case-sensitive.

I often use WildMatch for Renaming the Dimension Values in my Qlik Projects.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

In the help of Qlikview you can find some information of what you need. Here you have the link of these three functions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ConditionalFun...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

In the help of Qlikview you can find some information of what you need. Here you have the link of these three functions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ConditionalFun...

sagar_puri
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Vivek,

Match() is used for a case sensitive comparison. It matches the exact searchstring you pass in the function.

for Example: Match(Name,'Vivek') , returns true if a person's name is exactly Vivek (V caps).

WildMatch is used for a match where a string can be part of the search string.

For example :Match(Name,'Vivek') will return true if a person's name is Vivek, Vivekanand or some other string containing Vivek in it.

MixMatch is same as Match but it is case insensitive.

Regards,

Sagar.

vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks

vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have one doubt that when I'm using Match then I'm not getting correct output but when I'm using wildmatch then only I'm getting correct output why this happening?