Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator

Calculated Dimension with Set Analysis

Hi

I have a set of data from 2015 to 2018 however I will like to create a calculated dimension for a chart that only displays data from 2016 to 2018 but I will also add a filter to the tab where the user can select to see the 2015 data if they want to just won't show in the chart as the default view.

Any help.

Thank you

27 Replies
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

This is the expression I am currently using

=sum({$<metric_name={'Non-Billable Cost'}>} metrictotal)/sum(hours_units)

How can I adjust this to fit your expression or do you think possibly I calculated dimension will be best. My dimension now is "Year" which is from 2015 to 2018.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

I am looking to have the default view of a particular chart show from 2016 to 2018 but I will also add a year filter where the user can select to see 2015 data if they want to.

How can I adjust this to fit your expression or do you think possibly I calculated dimension will be best. My dimension now is "Year" which is from 2015 to 2018.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Are you suggesting I use your expression as a calculated dimension.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

javierortiz79
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

The set Analysis will limit the dimension and the result to 2015 if selected or 2015,2016,2016, you don't need a calculated dimension.

put this in an expression.

=IF(GetSelectedCount(Year)>0,Sum({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year))'},metric_name={'Non-Billable Cost'}>} metrictotal)/sum(hours_units) , Sum({<Year = {'2016','2017','2018'},metric_name={'Non-Billable Cost'}>} metrictotal)/sum(hours_units))

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much for your quick response. With this expression will the user be able to select and view 2015 data?

javierortiz79
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Yes but just if they select the 2015, if not, they will see from 2016 to 2018.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Please see the image. The 2015 line is actually flat nowChart.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

If(GetSelectedCount(Year)=0, sum({$<metric_name={'Non-Billable Cost'}, Year = {2016, 2017, 2018}>} metrictotal)/sum({<Year = {2016, 2017, 2018}>}hours_units), sum({$<metric_name={'Non-Billable Cost'}>} metrictotal)/sum(hours_units))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

This expression worked however the legend still shows 2015 but the lines just show 2016 to 2018. How can I not make the legend show 2015?

Thank you