Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rotero
Creator
Creator

ledger type table chart in QV? anyone tried it?

IHi,

Im  just wondering if anyone here tried to create a table chart here that emulate or present a ledger type of table ?

Ex.

InvoiceInv DateCustomerAmtOR
PaymentRunning Balance
12341/10/11Alibaba10,00056345009,500

there are 2 tables ( for invoice and payment)

Hope you could share your inputs.

Thanks.

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Will you please describe, what these two tables have (fields and the sample data).

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rotero
Creator
Creator
Author

basically it will have this

Invoices

-invoicenum

-invdate

-invamt

-customercode

Payment

-ornum

-ordate

-refnum   (this is the inv num where in the payment should be applied - w/ possible partial payment)

-oramt (payment amount)

-customercode

then out of this tables running balance is computed...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can load this two tables. Which will be linked with CustomerCode field.

Then you need to create a pivot table which will have InvDate,InvoiceNum,CustomerCode,OrderDate, as dimensions and Sum(Invamt), sum(Refnum) and sum(Oramt).

Hope you understood.

Or else Semd me the sample data. with the format in which you want to data to display.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rotero
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry for late reply.. anyway i have this excel file for sample data (with 2 sheet for inv and payment) and it should be in this format when join in side by side... i have to consider also the partial payment so it also in detals payment applicaiton wherein you can alsi see the running balance

InvoiceInv DateCustomerAmtOR
PaymentRunning Balance
12341/10/11Alibaba10,00056345009,500

rotero
Creator
Creator
Author

see my QVW file i tried this and so far this is what i intent to do... thanks for the idea kaushikz