cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator

app level security not working

Hi am new to the Qlik sense security in QMC and I need some help.

I am trying to set up an app level security. although a user can see the stream and the apps inside IF an app has a customer property of execs then the user CAN'T see that app unless the users also has a customer property of execs set.

I have create a user and app customer property (execs)

I have applied this customer property to 1 app and 1 user

I have copied/disabled the default stream app security rule and now I need help now I NEED help modifying the rule so that :

- the user can still see all apps/sheets including the app with custom property (execs)

- other users can still see all apps inside the stream they have access to BUT not the app with the customer property (execs)

the default stream app access rule is below how do I modify it?

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Thanks

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

please refer the below thread, may helps you

Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management

rubenmarin

Hi Eric, I haven't tested but it should be something like:

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.@execs.Empty() or resource.@execs=user.@execs)) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Test it carefully.