Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acbishop2
Creator
Creator

Issues with app file location on Qlik Sense Desktop.

Hi All,

I use Qlik Sense Desktop on both my laptop and my desktop, and I often need to switch between the two. In order to make sure that my apps are synced, I stored my apps on my OneDrive and changed the Settings.ini file to point to that location. On both my desktop and my laptop, the Settings.ini file reads as follows:

[Settings 7]

DocumentDirectory=C:\Users\abishop\OneDrive\Work\Box Home Loans\Apps

This was working well for a couple of weeks, but recently stopped working on my laptop. My laptop now only shows apps from the default file location in ...\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps. My desktop is referencing the OneDrive location just fine.

Any ideas as to why this would have happened? I have quadruple checked, and the file path is correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

Maybe ltu‌ or mto‌ can take a look here ?

Good luck

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

- (thanks Youssef for tagging me) -

Hi Aaron - thanks for your question let's see if we can walk through anything that has changed

• What version of Qlik Sense Desktop are you using
  • have you logged in with another profile
  • did you update or install a newer version

I will attempt this on my install and see.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
acbishop2
Creator
Creator
Author

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Here are the answers to your questions:

• I am using the Qlik Sense Desktop release from February (12.5.2) on both computers.
  • Another Qlik user profile? No. I use the same login for both computers.
  • No, I was using the same version when it was working.

That probably wasn't very helpful. Here's some more information that may or may not be useful:

In order to keep the connection folder the same on both devices (same file path for data sources), I needed to create a new user profile on my laptop that matched the user on my desktop (because Windows doesn't let you edit your User name. So I'm using Qlik Sense Desktop on my main windows profile (Aaron Bishop), but the app and data sources are all in a different "user" folder/profile (acbishop). This may be causing an issue, it still doesn't explain why it was working before and then suddenly stopped.

I've made sure that on the acbishop user I'm logged in to OneDrive and that the folders and files are there and up to date.

I did change my Qlik password about two weeks ago, but this problem was happening before then.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what could be causing it. Again, I appreciate the help.

acbishop2
Creator
Creator
Author

I still haven't been able to figure this one out. Any thoughts?