Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robodeveloper
Contributor III
Contributor III

Understanding Schduling using multiple triggers

Hello

I'm looking to get clarity on how Qliksense (FEB18) QMC handles a scheduled task when the trigger consists of five "Task successful" conditions.

Between 03:00 and 07:00 daily I have five tasks that create QVD files (originally for different apps but now I have an app that will use all of them).  I need my app that uses these QVDs to be reload daily, but only if all five have been created successully that same day.

In the absence of "and/or" logic I'm unclear how the QMC Task will behave with this arrangement below.    For example, will it reload the app each time one of the QVD files is created presuming that the other tasks remain marked as "successful" from the previous day?   Or will it reload once when the final QVD has been created successfully?  

Thanks!

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

That is a really good question.

I guess you could test it by making one of the middle tasks fail and see if the ones following it run or not.

robodeveloper
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Use the "Time Constraint" to check that all the preceding tasks completed within that time constraint.

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/create...

This documentation-article implicitely states, that you have a logical AND association, if u create 1 trigger and set multiple tasks in that (via "add task"). If you add multiple triggers behind a single reload-task, this will act like an logical OR-association. 

To sum it up again:

1 task with multiple triggers = OR

1 trigger with multiple tasks = AND. 

And yes, the wording might be confusing at a first look:
One first makes a task, then set up a trigger for that task (or multiple, if u want the OR), and then u tell the trigger, which tasks need to be successfully completed (here is the AND)