Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Cross-Origin problem with NPrinting API

Hello everyone

I'm trying to invoke the NPrinting API from a mashup website, which is located on a different domain.

However, when I try to invoke the API, like this:

let requestBody = {

type: "Report",

config: {

reportId: reportUid,

outputFormat: outFormat

}

};

$.ajax({

method: "POST",

url: npEndpoint + '/ondemand/requests',

data: requestBody,

xhrFields: {

withCredentials: true

}

});

The browser gives the following error:

Failed to load https://alt157vir:4993/api/v1/ondemand/requests: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://localhost:61817' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 502.

The thing is, the NPrinting documentation states that:

All endpoints also support the HTTP OPTIONS verb, and will respond with the correct CORS headers (cross-origin resource sharing) based on the Qlik NPrinting Server settings.

(from here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Extending/Intro-Extending.htm)

but I cannot find those settings! Where can I configure this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Well, I found out the problem.

You have to add the origin domain to the "trusted QlikView server" in NPrinting web console -> admin -> settings -> on-demand settings.

I didn't try that at first because I thought it was a specific setting for QlikView (as the name implies), when in reality it lets you add trusted origins of any kind. They should really change the name of that setting, it's confusing imho.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm not a developer so I asked the help of a colleague. If seems an authentication issue, so you should check the code

return $.ajax( {

method: 'POST',

url: url,

xhrFields: {

withCredentials: true

},

headers: headers,

dataType: 'json',

contentType: 'application/json; charset=utf-8',

data: objData

} );

Here there is an example in Python NPrinting API script Example - Python different language but you can see how to connect.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Well, I found out the problem.

You have to add the origin domain to the "trusted QlikView server" in NPrinting web console -> admin -> settings -> on-demand settings.

I didn't try that at first because I thought it was a specific setting for QlikView (as the name implies), when in reality it lets you add trusted origins of any kind. They should really change the name of that setting, it's confusing imho.

master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply, but I found out the problem, and it wasn't an authentication issue. Check my answer for details. THanks again for your time.

Marc
Employee
Employee

After Authentication, you will receive a Cookie. you need to add the Cookie Token to the Header X-XSRF-TOKEN

Not very obvious, but found it while debugging the same issue.

Screenshot_20180506_161939.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Marc.  Thank you for this information.

> you need to add the Cookie Token to the Header X-XSRF-TOKEN

How is this done on the client?  I thought cross-site cookies were inaccessible to script code?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

since i am not a dev my knowledge limits to what i understand. Have a look at PDF from the link below; pages 9-11 describe where you get a cookie from.

How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script

that should help you.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andrewferguson
Contributor
Contributor

Very helpful link.  Thank you!