Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_anywar
Creator
Creator

Help with date data selection.

I have these as my expressions:

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min((EndYear)-1))<=$(=max((EndYear)-1))"}>}[Population, total]

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min(EndYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}>}[Population, total]

The whole point is I would like to achieve or fill the pivot with population values of the end year.

I tried using the same expression to create  variables but still its not working.

In the end I need achieve  (End Year Population - Previous Year Population)/Previous year )*100

Any help very much appreciated.

Michael

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 15.33.46.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min((EndYear)-1))<=$(=max((EndYear)-1))"}, StartYear, EndYear>}[Population, total])

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min(EndYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}, StartYear, EndYear>}[Population, total])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Year and EndYear are two fields in your dashboard?

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

Year is in the original table. So I created two extra tables ; StartYear and EndYear to help with filtering and Year range selections.

So anywhere within the dashboard am not using Year, but rather using EndYear field or StartYear field. for graphs plotting mainly (year range)
On this specific one.. I just need to pick the most current year which am picking using the EndYear filter.

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min((EndYear)-1))<=$(=max((EndYear)-1))"}, StartYear, EndYear>}[Population, total])

Sum({<Year = {">=$(=min(EndYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}, StartYear, EndYear>}[Population, total])

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

Legend.