Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II

Load Web File

Hi community.

I'm trying to create a new connection in my qlik sense app to a website but it won't load due to "unknown error".

What I need to load is the data on this website:

https://www.afip.gob.ar/genericos/facturasApocrifas/download/facacop.txt

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

6 Replies
patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Bump

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The level of detail does not make it easy to understand what you have done and how it is failing.

Are you using a script?

Are you using a data prep?

Are you using desktop client?

Are you using browser client?

The URL points to a text file, rather than a website. This means that you load and process the data as any other text file. I do not see any problems at all loading this through a script.

LOAD 

@1 AS CUIT,

@2 AS "Fecha Detección",

@3 AS "Fecha Publicación",

@4 AS "Observaciones Especiales"

FROM [lib://MyWebFileConnection]

(txt, utf8, no labels, delimiter is ',', no quotes, header is 3 lines, no eof);

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

All right, thank you for your help. I do understand that it is not a web file, is just a .txt in a website.

However, as a below beginner user, I can't figure it out how to load it..

FROM [lib://MyWebFileConnection]

Qlik Sense won't let me load https://www.afip.gob.ar/genericos/facturasApocrifas/download/facacop.txt as a Web File Connection...

Thank you again.

Regards.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not trying to make this any harder for you, but you have to understand that it is hard to help you unless you provide details on what steps you are taking and where you see an error.

As a beginner I would suggest that you use the data manger rather than the scripting interface. You can find basic details on how data manager works in the Qlik Sense Help or in Qlik Sense Video - Adding Data Through Data Manager

I am sure you agree that "Unknown Error" is not a easy label to diagnose, so please provide some more details on what you have done and at what stage the error appears, so that we can help you pass this hurdle.

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

errorwebfile.png

This is all the info I get on the error..

Thank you.

gballester
Creator
Creator

I have the same problem using a local file. 

The problem was presented after the april 2018 version.

Until that version everything was ok.