Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data hiding in Qlikview

How to hide the column data (not entire row) for GDPR compliance.

15 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Question not clear elaborate with some sample data and what you expect to see.

May be this would help:

Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be use this for condition enable for that column?

If(FieldName = 'GDPR', 0, 1)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
big_dreams
Creator III
Creator III

where? which chart?

be more specific.

rubenmarin

Hi Amar, it's not clear what you want.

If you are using a simple table and want to hide to column, in chart properties -> Presentation tab there is an option to hide columns.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How to hide (ma the column data (not entire row) for GDPR compliance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Following is the example

Suppose there is sales department with following data

SalesPersonNamePhoneCitySalesAmount
A1123C110000
A23433C115000
B1675C250000
B2654C280000

If the salesperson from City C1 acess the dashboard then the salesamout(10000,15000) corresponding to City C1 should be visible and the sales amount of the City C2 should appear as '***'

If the salesperson from City C2 acess the dashboard then the salesamout(50000,80000) corresponding to City C2 should be visible and the sales amount of the City C1 should appear as '***'

Also, when Pivot is created then the count of SalesAmount Column for both City should be 2 (due to '***' it should be counted as 1) irrespective of the City of login user.

There are multiple controls in dashboard, so control level is very difficult. I want to do this at data level (or when the dashboard is accessed by the user)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I must admit that I fail to understand what this has to do with GDPR compliance. SalesAmounts are not considered information that relates to an individual. Moreover, you seem to be less concerned about the information that may ID an individual like a telephone number. Maybe it's a less than representative example, but you should also have a chat with your data protection officer first.

If it's the information itself that should be partioned into sets with different access/visibility-settings, then I fail to understand why you want to hide it behind a series of password-like stars, and not just eliminate a part of the information altogether if a particular SalesManager shouldn't have access to it. Section Access, combined with Data Reduction is ideally suited for the latter. And on top of that, it's not too complex to implement and easy to manage without changing anything except for the data (e.g. your data) that controls Section Access.

Or am I missing something?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Section access will remove the rows or omit the columns

I want to display all rows and hide (show 'Prohibit') in the columns data which is not applicable to the logged in user.