Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL connection

Hello,

I`m trying to implement qlikview on a microsoft dynamics nav database.

The nav database is built as sql and contains multiple companies

i can connect through odbc to the database.

But i`m unable to see and select the right tables.

I`m also unable te select the right company within the database.

The only tables I can see are sql related, not navision related.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As far as I know there is no certified Navision connector, as it does the SAP one. Native Navision flow fields (for example) are not accesible via the SQL Management Studio or the ODBC or OLEDB drivers. So you will need to find out what the flow field within Navision does in order to replicate the same logic in the QlikView document (usually the load part). Same with some tables that are calculated run time in Navision, and stored using VSIFTs or some other Microsoft proprietary technology.

Let's see anyway if some people has got it other way.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel

thanks for the quick reply.

My main problem is that i`m  not seeiing any relevent tables.

I have a demo company in Navision, run lokally in which I can see all the tables I need.

But when i connect to the live database , run in sql I don`t get any of this.

Even with a copy of the live database run locally with all rights

Kind regards

Wouter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Wouter,

Do you mean you can run some sql statements in the query analyzer or the management studio and they run fine but you cannot when you connect with QlikView?

If Navision is installed over SQL Server, any sql statement you do will work in QlikView as well. If it's installed with itsnative database format, you can try with their native ODBC if you have it (it's a different license, but check this with your Microsoft sales rep in any case).

You only need read permissions if you are only going to run SELECT queries.

In addition, I'd use an OLE DB connection rather than the ODBC, unless you are using the native Navision driver.

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica