Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II

Active Directory Qlik Sense Server

Hi,

We've recently got our LDAP server set up and connected it to qlik sense server. All users are synchronized and I can see them all in QMC->Users. But after allocating tokens to these users, I'm unable to login with those credentials.

Should the qlik sense and LDAP reside on the same server? In our case, they don't. Please suggest what could be done.

Thanks!

13 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Amuktha,

Ldap usally on other server which has user information. If you can't login, then its authentication issue which has no relation with Qlik. Qlik only do authorization. Try to login to RDP of on Qlik Sense server, if it failing, contact to your network team.

Best,

Rohit.

achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rohit,

I tried to log in to the RDP of windows server that hosts qlik. It doesn't work. Our network person said that by design LDAP accounts cannot be used for a such a login. Is there any other possible solution?

Thanks!

rittermd
Master
Master

They are usually not the same servers. 

If your LDAP sync is working and you see the users in Qlik QMC and have allocated them tokens then they should be able to then login to the QS hub.

achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Mark,

I've allocated an analyzer token and I'm unable to login to Hub. Thanks!

rohitk1609
Master
Master

If your user can't login to RDP, it means they are not authenticated. We have different way to do Identity manage, like windows AD, SAML or local user, we need user identity management program to authenticate our users. You can add user info to QMC by EXCEL sheet to but EXCEL sheet is not a user identity management tool. no matter you have token or not your user can't access the hub.

kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

are you using syntaxe

domaine_name\user_name?

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. I tried LDAP_domain_name\userid & qlik_domain_name\userid. None worked. Thanks!

rittermd
Master
Master

So what exactly happens when you go to the URL and try to login?

Do any logins work?

achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We have a few windows users. These qlik accounts work.

When trying to access hub using accounts on LDAP, I see login failed in proxy log