Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

qlik sense april 2018 - rootadmin no access pass

Hello,

Since upgraded from Feb to Apr version I'm facing the message of "you cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass" each time the user try to open an app.

the user involved is the rootadmin that is currently used to run all qlik sense services.

of course it has access pass assigned.

is there any workaround to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

tko

Best Regards

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

The recommendation as of Qlik Sense April 2018 is to not allocate a token to the Qlik Sense Service account or to create a dedicated user (without a token) and modify the Monitoring Apps Data Connector (monitor_*) to run with this new user.

Note: The user running those data connections needs to be RootAdmin.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Andrea,

I found that message a few times in 3 different servers with April version recently installed, but after a while and reopening hub it started to work fine.

The last time was a new install, first acces to an app shows the message, I just close browser and reopen and I haven't seen that message again in the few days I'm working in that server.

I don't know what causes it.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

thanks for your quick reply.

i tried to restart all qlik sense services and it solved, but i guess it's not a solution.

samuli_attido
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I had the same issue with April 2018 update.

After allocating professional license to Root Admin I restarted all Qlik services on server.

This solved the issue.

kdesseyn
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Andrea,

facing the same issue for several clean installs.

Still haven't found any proper solution than restarting the services and hoping for the best.

Sometimes it is really at random, last week the message never popped up, today already received it twice.

Really hope this issue is resolved with the June update!

rubenmarin

So far seems related to use the same account as rootadmin and service starter:

Re: Issue in Apr'2018 release of Qliksense

monaali602
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

hi, did you solve this issue? I am facing the same issue after upgrading to April 2018 and I don't have professional access in license management, only token access, do I have to define new LEF to get professional access?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got the same issue too....

Did you fix it?

Best Regards,

Louis

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

The recommendation as of Qlik Sense April 2018 is to not allocate a token to the Qlik Sense Service account or to create a dedicated user (without a token) and modify the Monitoring Apps Data Connector (monitor_*) to run with this new user.

Note: The user running those data connections needs to be RootAdmin.

I hope this helps.