Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_ankusha
Creator II
Creator II

Excel in Qlik Sense

Hi,

I want to have certain fields from excel file taken as a condition in my Sense application. How can I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can read the fields that should be condtions into a table in the load script. From that table you can use the Peek() function afterwards and create variables. These variables can be used in conditions both in the load script and/or in the UI later on.

Do you have more specific sample data to illustrate how you would want it to work that you could create and share with us?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can read the fields that should be condtions into a table in the load script. From that table you can use the Peek() function afterwards and create variables. These variables can be used in conditions both in the load script and/or in the UI later on.

Do you have more specific sample data to illustrate how you would want it to work that you could create and share with us?

d_ankusha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have Condition.xls file. Here the Leader name is associated with another sales table. The rest of the fields i.e. Include, exclude and date are supposed to be conditions for which the last column i.e 50% calc. is to be calculated.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could filter your data directly without using variables by having a set expression in you charts aggregation functions.

Sum( {<Include = {'Yes'},Exclude -= {'Yes'},Date={'$(=If(Len(Date)>0,''>''&Date,''*'')'}>} Sales )