cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warehouse layout with qlik sense

Hello All,

I would like to create a layout of our warehouse shelfs and see green or red when the shelf is empty or not. The values will be 0 and 1. What we think is described below.

I created an svg file from a free website as in the picture below. This is the front view of our shelf 8 x 4. What we want here is, if the value is 0 in database (in this case the excel file), then the corresponding svg_id box must be green, if 1 then red. From this we will understand that the green shelfs are empty, red ones are filled. and later we will formulate the empty and filled shelfs to find out our ratio.

1.PNG

for this i am planning to use svg reader, which i did as in the picture above but the problem here is, i use the measure expression below

if(([warehouse.Adet])=0 ,Green() ,red())

and i see all green. The Colour function is wrong i think. Or maybe it is not supported with this extension.

If i change the colour property from svgreader extension as below, the the graphic corrupts.

2.PNG

if i change it as below, then  i cannot select either of the options like disabled color, hot color etc.....

3.PNG

My data excel is as follows with two columns

SVG-ID , Adet

svg_1 0

svg_2 1

svg_3 0

svg_4 1

svg_5 0

svg_6 0

svg_7 0

svg_8 1

svg_9 0

Can anyone help me with this.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With a Qlik Sense Pivot chart you can do this:

2018-06-11 13_27_24-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

The "Background Color Expression" would be:

If(Sum(Adet)=1,Green(60),Red(40))

The load script to give the two dimensions C# and R# for a row and column number would look like this:

DATA:

LOAD

Mod(ID-1,8)+1 AS C#,

Floor((ID-1)/8)+1 AS R#

INLINE [

ID , Adet

];

View solution in original post

10 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should be able to use regular table to achieve this. It seems to be overkill to use an SVG-extension if it is only the background color you want to change.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With a Qlik Sense Pivot chart you can do this:

2018-06-11 13_27_24-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

The "Background Color Expression" would be:

If(Sum(Adet)=1,Green(60),Red(40))

The load script to give the two dimensions C# and R# for a row and column number would look like this:

DATA:

LOAD

Mod(ID-1,8)+1 AS C#,

Floor((ID-1)/8)+1 AS R#

INLINE [

ID , Adet

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks,

this look simple and lean for me but, for the workers it should be more visual, that's why i was trying to use the extension. There are more than 100 shelf's like this and we will need a lot of from this table. The user will everytime change the value if the shelf is loaded, later the automatisation will follow, which there will be sensors on the shelfs, that will send 0 and 1 to the database.

This was just a brainstorming result. We 'll see what we can do.

I'll try to make the staff accept this, if i cant find a solution with the extension and make it simple.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It would be easy to extend it into more shelves. Explain more about how you want it displayed and maybe we can come up with a good solution for you. What more do you expect the SVG-solution to visualize?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is the top view of one warehouse area. We will need a front view for every set of 8x4 shelfs. And the data here will be entered using excel(from database in the future). Then when i open the app at qlik sense i'll use update button to fetch new data and change visual.

4.PNG

the thing with the svg extension is, every square has an id like " svgid_1"  in our example. But in reality the shelfs has their own uniqe id's in the database which i have no access now. The reason i wanted to use svg reader is i will try to match the real id of the shelf with the right square on the screen and use color function. Actually It would be better not to use the extension, but it seemed simple to make at first glance.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have more than two colors in the grid - is that what you want?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no, sorry i couldnt change the graident color for this picture. main colours will be green for empty and red for not empty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i did this but i have to put all the shelfs near each other as a column

Capture.PNG

the excel would be like this

Capture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello i managed to do something like this,from your replies

Capture3.PNG