cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting connection error after upgrade

Hi All

Hope someone can help me with a problem that occured after last upgrade.

Upgrade seem to go fine, but after upgrade we have a connection error. When I try to update connections or make new connections we are not able to run verification and this is the point not where the error occure:

"All Qlik Sense engines are reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Engine computers."

When I check the nprinting_engine log I can see this error:
"Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 1.0.0.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseDiagnose 20171122T111330.193+01:00 ERROR QSPRINT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qse is not reachable on port 4747."

Firewalls and ports are not my strong area, but we have added port 4747 inbound on the server where Qlik Sense is installed and outbound on the server where NPrinting is installed. Also under domain profile the Firewall is off on both servers.

Anyone got any ideas what to do next?

Thanks,

Britt Karin

27 Replies
eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi Britt Karin

One thing that caused some issues when we first implemented NP v17 was the TLS version used on the servers. Can you verify that they are all using the same version of TLS to communicate?

There's a handy tool called 'IIS Crypto' that Qlik Support recommended us to use to confirm this. Its an exe that runs locally on the server and scans the registry keys to summarise which security protocols are enabled. Takes a few seconds to read everything in - just be careful about making any changes.

For reference our site uses TLS 1.2.

Kind regards

Chris

ericblix
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi brittkarin,

Just wondering if you've managed to figure it out at the end?  I'm faced with exactly the same problem and am out of ideas...

Regards,

Eric

pragati_s_malho
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Britt,

Dont know if you still have the issue, but in case anyone else who get this error in future, here is how I solved thi:

In QMC make sure that the user that's running the service

1. Is Active and

2. is root admin.

Mine was a root admin but since it couldn't validate the user account via LDAP it changed its status to inactive which caused the connections to fail.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Did you find any solution to solve the problem?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on this Microsoft document Test-NetConnection try:

- open Windows Power Shell

- run the command Test-NetConnection -Port 4747 -ComputerName "YourSenseServer" -InformationLevel "Detailed"

This checks if the connection between Qlik Sense Engine and Qlik NPrinting Engine can work on the port 4747.

Of course after you are sure that your installation has all the requirements stated in the help site.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

The connection is possible:

nprint_testconnect.JPG

But I get still the error message.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, if you are sure that the firewall is opened and that you have met all requirements https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Connect-... open a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was also facing the same issue and resolved by doing the below steps.

- Disable the firewall policy from domain controller (our system team did this one.)

- check the 4747 port open in qlik sense server or not by executing below command on NPrinting server.

1. Open Windows powershell as administrator.

2.  Test-NetConnection -port 4747 -ComputerName YourServerFullName -InformationLevel "Detailed"

Found that the port is not reachable so add it in inbound on Qlik sense server.