Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erisman20
Contributor III
Contributor III

Alternate State Set Analysis Help

Hey everyone,

I am dealing with an issue I cant quite figure out. I have 2 alternate states (State1, State2) and I want to to find the rank with the values of State1, including the aggregated average from State2. See example below:

State 1:

IdValue

State 2:

IdValue

Result:

IdValueRank
State 2133
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check the attached image and qvw sample

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a qvw sample to see your data? How are you getting different value for the same ids in the two states? Is it based on selections made?

erisman20
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sunny,

That was just a bad example, the values will be the same. The only thing different between the two states is the selections made.

sunny_talwar

So, you mean different IDs will be selected?

erisman20
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, selections will be made to filter the IDs for each state. We want the example rank calculation based on those selections.

sunny_talwar

One last thing... is this in Qlik Sense? I have not used Qlik Sense too much to know how to implement alternate state in Qlik Sense, I might be able to help if you can let me know how to use alternate state in Qlik Sense or I can may be help you with a solution in QlikView and you can transfer it over to Qlik Sense

erisman20
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can convert it from Qlikview to Qlik Sense.

sunny_talwar

Check the attached image and qvw sample

Capture.PNG

erisman20
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked great! Thank you! Can you further explain your use of "dim"?

sunny_talwar

Just using an island table to display two parts.

For expression, when Dim = 1, show the sum of value from State 1, when Dim = 2, show the Avg of value from state 2.

For dimension, when Dim = 1, show ID as the dimension, but when Dim = 2, show some text.