Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Restriction to a column of a folder of an application in the HUB

Hello!

I need some help with access control.

I know you have some examples, but I never used Qlik, and my manager asked me to make some rules in a specific application.

My scenario:

I have an APP where the company budget is, and in this app a folder called Budget by Manager.

There is a Manager field, where all the managers of the company are.

until yesterday we used Qlik Desktop, now we migrate to Qlik Senser Server (where we have QMC and HUB).

I would like to know how I get this manager field and I can do a filter so that when a manager logs into the Hub, in this folder of Budget by Manager (a field where he loads the managers of the company) just show the budget referring to his area.

I did the following:

Section Access;

LOAD * Inline [

ACCESS, USERID, REGION

USER, DOMAIN \ CONTROL, *

USER, DOMAIN \ SALES, JOAQUIM

USER, DOMINIO \ FABRICA, JOSE

ADMIN, DOMINIO \ THIAGO.RUBIO, *

];

SECTION Application;

T1:

LOAD *,

GESTOR AS REGION;

for the control user everything appears, which is right.

But for the other users (sales and fabrica), nothing appears. I even open the application, but when it opens it has no folders.

As I do for everyone to have access to the application, but when the gestor xxx log, only appear the fields referring to his name that is in the GESTOR table that I load.

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

The UserID should match the ID of individual managers not  the group name. I guess DOMAIN \ SALES  is referring to the SALES group. Replace this with the login ID. You will get the userid including the domain on QMC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've put this name as an example, but it's an AD user.

the user access the application, more no show the folders of application

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

AD User is fine.

Sorry, I didn't get the second sentence. Could you please rephrase it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I log in the hub with the user "Control", which is allowed to view everything, I access the application folders.

Control pastas.PNG

but I wanted all users to have access to the folders, only restriction on a chart that is divided by the managers of the company.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have access rule setup on the Stream level? I assume you are using QlikSense. If you have access rule to limiting users from accessing a Stream, they won't be able to see the stream otherwise the should be able to see the stream (folder).

What happens when you disable the Section Access? Are you seeing the stream when you log on with same login?

Section Access should reduce the the data to each Region without affecting the stream

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is a unique stream where everyone has access, and wanted to limit access to the content of the application via section access.

Where each manager could view only his area (it is a company budget application, where the board of directors fill the entire budget, and the managers only the department that he manages).

but the director's user (in the example is domain \ control, *) can see normal.

Now the domain \ sales user, joaquim, who should view Joaquim's area, does not open the folders.

It even loads the application, but it goes blank, as if it had no content.

Sorry for my English!

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

What you login with DOMAIN\SALES.USER do you see the Stream, the App?

You should be able to see the Stream but the App should be blank. If this is the case, try to convert the REGION field in both Section access table and the Region table to Upper Case.

Also, make sure the user account is spelled correctly as registered ON QMC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I see the Stream and the APP, more the content of app is blank.

I go try Upper Case. As soon as I do, I'll let you know that it worked.

thanks!