Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QLIK Sense 12 and IdentityServer

Has anyone setup QLIK Sense to authenticate off of IdentityServer using claims based authentication? I am using IdentityServer2 for claims authentication since it has a branch that is configured to work with Sitefinity. I got it to work against Sitefinity but when I try to configure QLIK Sense, QLIK Sense keeps rejecting the SAML IdP Metadata (Federation Metadata XML) that I upload. The federation metadata file that I am trying to upload was generated from IdentityServer2.

Error: This is an invalid xsi:type 'http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/federation/200706:SecurityTokenServiceType'.

Is there an xsd file somewhere that I could use against the file I am trying to upload to validate the XML structure? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured out where to download the proper metadata file from QLIK. Uploaded that to the QLIK server and it accepted the file. Now I am trying to figure out how to get QLIK to pass more information to the claims service to figure out the realm and redirect url.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi kevin.rickard2‌,

Can you share the sample metadata that you could successfully upload? Where did you download the correct metadata from?

Regards,

Anuja Nandi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QLIK wont work with Identity Server 2 because QLIK is using SAML 2.0 tokens whereas Identity Server 2 is using Simple Web tokens (different XML structure). But, on the same page where you load the metadata, at the bottom left of the page you should see an export metadata option.