cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show latest data by area

Hello,

I have data uploaded by clients daily showing RAG status. Data entered is not always complete therefore I would like to build a straight table showing the latest submitted RAG status by area. Can you please help how I can do this at the front end.

Here is the data I have at the moment

AreaDate and TimeData
B5/2/2018 10:47:27Amber
C5/2/2018 10:47:27Red
D5/2/2018 10:47:27Amber
A5/3/2018 10:40:00Black
C5/3/2018 10:40:00Black

E

5/3/2018 10:47:00

Green

A5/4/2018 12:27:05Amber
E5/4/2018 12:27:05Green
B5/4/2018 12:27:05Black

And this is what I would like to Display

AreaDate and TimeData
A5/4/2018 12:27:05Amber
B5/4/2018 12:27:05Black
C5/3/2018 10:40:00Black
D5/2/2018 10:47:27Amber
E5/4/2018 12:27:05Green
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Arjun! As you've suggested I have amended the load script to

Load Date#(Timestamp, 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss') as 'Date and Time',

This seem to do the trick. I was bit confused as in the row data 'date and time' is labeled as 'Timestamp'. I have then used what Sunny has suggested and also what you have suggested but I am getting data for the latest 'Date and Time' not the latest data for each area. Can you suggest anything else?

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.15.49 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vipin! this has worked as well without changing the load script but I am still getting Data with latest date. What I am looking to show is the latest reported data for each area. Any suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun,

Just replied back above. I am still struggling in showing the latest reported data only for each area.

sunny_talwar

Use this as an expression

TimeStamp(Max([Date and Time]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny! I am still getting the same result as above. It seems like it is picking up empty "Data" values from the table for the latest "Date and Time". Is there away I can put a condition to show latest data by area only for data with values.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

What exactly is wrong? I mean what exactly are you looking to get?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to show latest Data by area. So as you can see above on the screen shot I have the latest data for some areas but not for all. It is picking up data for the latest submission Date and Time. You see each submission by client can be different containing data for certain locations only, as some areas might not report daily. So what I want to show is data for each area with their last submission Date and Time.

Thx

sunny_talwar

Make sense... can you tell me what all dimensions and expressions are using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using Area as dimension and the two expressions as attached above, Data and Date and Time range. I also have other dimensions as "Provider" and "Authority" that I am not using in this table.

sunny_talwar

Can you have multiple data at the same time? Try this

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Data, -[Date and Time])