Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to prevent default bookmarks for user selections?

I have a requirement that the dashboard must always have the current year and month selected when the user opens it via QlikView Server. I have a trigger set up in OnOpen to make those selections. However, my users were still seeing their previous selections when they would close and re-open the document.

I looked on the server under User Documents >> Server Objects, and found that all of my users had bookmarks for their previous selections.

Default_Bookmarks.PNG

Is there a way to prevent QlikView Server from creating a "Previous Selections" bookmark, but still allow the user to create bookmarks? I don't want to turn off Server objects entirely...

Thanks

4 Replies
tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

AFAIK you need to provide users custom URL to your dashboard and append the mandatory selections bookmark ID as: &bookmark=Document\BM01

Use community search with this string for more info.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your users are using V10 ajax, correct? I think your problem is a behavior of the ajax client. If users don't explicitly close the ajax sesson by pressing the "close" link in upper right, the session -- and it's selection state -- remain active. The session willl only go away after timeout. So if a user comes back to the document before session timeout, they are reconnected to the same session, including state. In V9 it used to create a whole new session, which was a problem for session CAL users.

So test if using the "close" link makes the problem go away. That is, you will get intial selections every time you enter the doc.

If that's your problem then the next step is to find a workaround that works for you.

BTW, I think the server bookmarks you are seeing are for the session recovery option, and not directly the cause of what you are seeing.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob. That helps out. I have verified that your solution of using the "Close" link at the top of the dashboard will discard the users current selections next time they open the document.

Any thoughts on what a possible workaround might be?

Thanks again.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First I would take a look at the session timeout settings in QEMC. You may be able to trim that down and clean some of these up before the user reenters the document. Second, are your users open to the idea of using the Close button?

-Rob