Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

populate chart from bar chart

Is there a way that I can create a chart table that has the detail for everything that makes up a bar in a bar chart?

I am trying to get the detail for all revenue if I click on the revenue bar for customer A(see attached image) into a detail table that somone can view and/or export.  Essentially, I want to be able to drill down into detail for the chart.  It can populate another chart on the same or different sheet.  Thanks for any help.

5 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think you can use the GetFieldSelection() Function for Revenue Field to capture the selections. Once user clicks on the main chart (attached above) on the Revenue Bars, you can hide this chart by conditional Show/Hide in the Chart Properties. Then you can show the second chart which shows detailed information. I would recommend locking the position of the charts after overlying them, you can change the properties in layout menu and uncheck the allow move/size.

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Could you tell me where this function  should be inserted?  I dont see a spot in any of the property pages that you can put functions other than the definition of the expressions themselves.  Example code may help.  Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I attached an example with dynamic visiblity based on cutomer selection. You can see the property in the layout tab of the chart properties.

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

I am sure this would answer my question, but I am unable to read the file.  I am using the  personal edition that is free and it will not allow me to read a file unless it is created by me.  Is there a way to get around this to look at examples like this?  Thanks for your help.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, Kiran demonstrated the solution I have explained earlier. Thanks Kiran!

You will generally have 3/4 attempts to open others files in personal edition. If you wanted to see the functionality then you can use one of the attempt. I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV