Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with registring QV-OCX in Visual Studio 2010

Hi All,

I have this problem and I registered the ocx but when I drag the QV control to my form, I recive this error :

failed to import the activex control.Please ensure it is properly registered.

is there any body help me PLEASE.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem

Not applicable
Author

Hi minisquirrel

I had solved this problem by using an older .net frame work.

you can add this component in an older visual studio such as 2008.

obviously it wouldn't work in V.S 2010.

be lucky.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Had this issue too. I got it working in frmaework 3.5.

You also need tor egister the ocx via :

Run regsvr32 for QlikOcx.ocx and qvp.dll, then use Aximp.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\ with the Qlikocx.ocx

good luck,

Not applicable
Author

Hey

I have some similar problems getting the OCX to work in a 64bit windows 7 enviroment using VS2008 Express..If i regsvr32 the x64 qlikocx.ocx and qvp and add references to it, I can instanciate it from QlikOCXLib, but I cannot run any function like opening a document without getting a catastrophic error.

It is described in the reference manual, that you should be able to add it to the toolbar like other OCX objects, but the 64bit version doesnt show up in the list. If I regsvr32 the x86 version, it shows up, but doesnt work either.

I tried to use the AxImp - it generates 3 new files, but what should I do exactly with these files? I tried adding them as references, but it doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions? Does anybody have a working example utilizing the OCX in a x64 enviroment?

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

sorry I didn't have this experience

mseeck75
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

as far as i know is that a known bug by Microsoft, which not have fixed.
See also qlikview server v10 release notes.

As mentioned above you have to use an older .net framework.

BR

filippo

You must set your project using .NET Framework 3.5, it doesn't work with Framework 4.0. I'm using it with visual studio 2012 and works fine.

Regards.