Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaeloneil
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to load data from qvd file allocated on the server via script

Good Afternoon people,

I have access to some qvd files that are on the server (qvp://bi.cetip.com.br) as the image below:

ServidorQlickView.png

But in this file (Market Intelligence.qvd) I have no options to edit the script which leads me to create another qvd file that allows me to add data that are local

In this line of reasoning I need to find a way to concatenate my local data with the data that is in the qvd file of the server

I tried to recreate the same script that is generated when connecting to qvd files by changing only the file address

Attempt 1:

LOAD * FROM qvp://bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado/Inteligência de Mercado.qvw@(qvd);

Attempt 2:

Binary [qvp:\\bi.cetip.com.br\Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw@];

Attempt 3:

Binary [qvp://bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado/Inteligência de Mercado.qvw@];

but gave an error:

QvError.png

I do not know what I'm doing wrong or even if it's possible to do what I want, can you help me?

6 Replies
lfimotoo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Rafael.

Are you working with Qlik Sense?

If so, before anything else you must create a Folder Connection pointing to the server directory where the QVD or QVW file is stored.

Then you can either use Binary (QVW) or Load (from QVD).

• Binary lib://Connection_Name/File_Name.qvw;
  • LOAD * FROM [lib://Connection_Name/File_Name.qvd] (qvd);

If you are working with QlikView then you don't need a connection:

• Binary [\\path_to_server_folder\File Name.qvw];
  • LOAD * FROM [\\path_to_server_folder\File Name.qvd] (qvd);
rafaeloneil
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Luis, I'm working with QlickView:

VersãoQlickView.png

Follow the results of my attempts:

Attempt 1:

LOAD * FROM [qvp://bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado/Inteligência de Mercado.qvw] (qvd);

Result:

Result1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attempt 2:

LOAD * FROM [qvp:\\bi.cetip.com.br\Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw] (qvd);

Result:

Result2.png

Attempt 3:

LOAD * FROM [\\bi.cetip.com.br\Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw] (qvd);

Result:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attemp 4:

LOAD * FROM [//bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado/Inteligência de Mercado.qvw] (qvd);

Result:

Result3.png

Attemp 5:

Binary [qvp:\\bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw]

Result:

Result5.png

Attemp 6:

Binary [qvp:\\bi.cetip.com.br/Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw@];

Result:

Result6.png

Attemp 7:

Binary [\\bi.cetip.com.br\Inteligencia de Mercado\Inteligência de Mercado.qvw]

Result:

Result7.png

I have not had success in this yet

lfimotoo
Contributor II
Contributor II

You must point to the physical directory where the files are stored, something like

• "\\server_name_or_server_IP\shared_directory\filename.qvd".

The path you are using isn't the actual folder where the files are stored.

The company's infrastructure team can probably help you get the correct folder location, but keep in mind that the user running QlikView must have read access to that folder.

rafaeloneil
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, thank you, I'll check with the infrastructure team. Another Doubt: Can the type of access to this folder be read-only or should it be read and write?

lfimotoo
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you are just loading data, Read Access is enough. If you wish to store the qvd on server, then you'll need Read/Write access.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Luis is correct that you must point to the physical path.  But just to clarify one further point, those are not qvd files you are looking, they are qvw files.  If you want to load the data from a qvw file, you must use the BINARY statement (not LOAD) and as Luis stated use the physical path.

I'm guessing that those QVW files were built using QVD files as input and you may want to talk to your infrastructure team about getting direct access to the QVD files.

-Rob