Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate how much RAM needed?

Hello,

I wanna know how to calculate how much ram there is needed for our setup?

Lets take an example:

SourceData 50GB

No. Concurrent users 200

How do you calculate approx how much ram the server needs?

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So just to totally understand - Then i would need a server with 32Cores but only one license.

And if the server only can have 16 cores - i need 2 servers and 2 licenses right?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes. But the second option is not necessarily. You can use clustering concept of servers with single license.

Update: Provided that the license is cluster-enabled.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

How can I calculate this for Qlik sense?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Doing very much the same. I recommend you to use the Scalability Tools you can find in the Qlik Scalability‌ group to simulate users in your environment and start from that. If the application open without any user connected uses x and with 10 and 20 users uses x * u, it's quite fair to assume that the scaling will be linear.

It's a very accurate way because, after all, your are injecting users -although not real people- in the application, users which are interacting with it.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks. I will check it.

mborsadw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for this sizing formula. It certainly helps.

In the CPU calculation, there is a line which says "User queries". What is the definition of a query? Are you considering a single SET expression as a query?