Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stored Procedure refreshing

Hi. I have created a dashboard which connects to our SQL Server. There are a number of stored procedures which I am using. This works fine when the document reloads - however, I am confused as to how I would refresh this information.

As far as I know, Qlikview will load all my data when the document loads. When I filter, the data loaded is filtered.. and not refreshed from the datasource.

I need to run stored procedures based on filters on my dashboard. My code at the moment is this

SET paramDateFrom     = "2011-09-18";

SET paramDateTo        = "2011-09-19";

SQL EXECUTE [dbo].[GridLoadServices] '$(paramDateFrom)', '$(paramDateTo)', '0';

So the above will load OK when I press reload. but I have (for example) a date component which updates the paramDateFrom variable. How do I then refresh the data source?

Many thanks,

Matt.

3 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

hi,

Your problem is not clear.. Please clear a bit more..

you can try to create qvd and make update insert refresh..

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Hi - thanks for your reply. When I open the desktop qlikview application and open my qlikview document, it does the data load and passes default parameters to my stored procedures. I want to do the equivalent of reloading the stored procedure when I change a date parameter.

Is there an "onclick" event? I could then call a function/macro to refresh the data source? (Just the one stored procedure)

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Yes it is possible..

Try out the settings and call a macro..

Settings>Document Property>Triggers>Variable event triggers> Add Action

HTH