Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting - Embed an Excel table in Powerpoint

Hello

We need to show zeros as ‘-‘ rather than ‘0’ in our tables in NPrinting when presented in Powerpoint

I believe you can embed an excel table in Powerpoint so that you can then use excel functionalilty in powerpoint.

I’m just wondering how to do this in NPrinting

I can see you have the function InsertTable/Excel Spreadhseet

Id like to take an existing excel s/sheet and insert it so that I can use the excel formatting to keep the formula a little more simple.  How do you do this?

Many thanks

Paul

8 Replies
sjcuthbertson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Paul,

I think your question is really just a Microsoft PowerPoint question, not an NPrinting one. "How do I embed a pre-existing Excel spreadsheet file in a PowerPoint slide?"

I don't believe it's possible to do that directly (in any PowerPoint file, nothing to do with NPrinting). However surely you can just embed a new Excel Spreadsheet using the button you've shown in your screenshot, and paste in the content from your pre-existing spreadsheet that exists separately?

One word of warning: at the time of writing I am attempting to embed Excel spreadsheets in a Qlik NPrinting PowerPoint report (just as you want to do) and am finding that PowerPoint (the instance 'within' Nprinting) crashes consistently whilst doing this. (Nprinting Nov 2017 version.) A standalone instance of PowerPoint (outside NPrinting) doesn't crash following the same steps. I found your question whilst searching to see if I'm the only person experiencing this: whether it's me or a software bug. I'd be really grateful, if you try this out, if you can reply back if you also get crashes!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Same problem here, Nprinting PP crashes every time trying to open Excel through that "Excel Spreadsheet" button! Does anyone know whether there is a fix or workaround for this? I would need to have an Excel Pivot table added to the PP presentation.

sjcuthbertson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Good to know I'm not the only one. Do you still get this problem in the latest version of NPrinting? (April 2018 I believe, at time of writing.)

I'm still on NPrinting Nov 2017 and unable to upgrade to April (or Feb) 2018 for other, unrelated reasons, so I haven't tested this against the latest version. Consequently I haven't reported this formally to Qlik as a possible bug. (In any case, I worked around it by just using regular PowerPoint tables and accepting a slight loss of functionality.)

If you're still getting this problem with April 2018 release, I suggest it might be worth reporting to Qlik as a bug.

KStreak
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am facing this issue in April 2018 Version, Will raise a case with QlikTech. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please update to latest version (April 2019) and try with it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jeremyseipel
Partner - Contributor III

@Ruggero_Piccoli  Can you confirm that you can do this in your current version of NP?  I have tested using June 2019 and am still unable to do this.  I have not found much on this topic outside of this article.  Qlik articles on embedding tables all reference using tables straight from Qlik or using PPT tables, but not Excel ones.

My expectation,based on this testing and some research leads me to believe that while PPT does allow this functionality OOB, NPrinting does not officially support it.  

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I asked to test with a recent version because the original post is very old and latest comment referred to a one-year-old version. Before to check with a recent version I want to be sure that it is not a solved issue.

I tested in my June 2019 installation and using Qlik NPrinting tags into an Excel worksheet in a PowerPoint report is not working. I think this need to be asked as a new feature.

You can only import tables as native PowerPoint tables.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jeremyseipel

Great.  Thanks for testing and confirming.  I will get that submitted as a feature request.