Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Y-axis: Dynamic Maximum Value

Hi All,

I'm new to Qlik Sense and I'm struggling with one of my graphs. My apologies if my terminology might be off, but I hope someone is able to help me out here.

I'm displaying 3 separate calculated measurements for the usage of certain equipment on a daily basis for a whole year in  a combined graph.

• Measurement 1 - the total request of equipment types

=Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)])

• Measurement 2 - the total request of equipment, that will not be used directly, but are standing by.

=Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'},[SB definitief]={'X'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)])

• Measurement 3 - the total amount of available equipment.

=Count(distinct(Equipment))

So far, so good, my values are displaying just fine, but......I would like the maximum value of the Y-axis to be equal to the max value of one of these measurements (for whichever period I select).

Now it seems that the Y-axis is based on the max total of all these values over the whole year.

Can anyone inform me how to change this to the required behaviour?

Many thanks in advance

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be something like this

Max(Aggr(RangeMax(

Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)]),

Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'},[SB definitief]={'X'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)]),

Count(distinct(Equipment))), ChartDimensionHere))

Make sure to replace Chart dimension in the above expression with the dimension you use in your chart

dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried your suggestions and the result is tat the range on the Y-axis has reduced a bit, but not as far as I would like. I've attached an image of my graphs.

The area that is indicated in the top graph with red is the area I would like to fill out. As a comparison: the bottom graph automatically behaves as I would like. I don't understand yet, what the difference is.

equipments.png

All help is appreciated.

Kind Regards

sunny_talwar

Can you create a copy of your chart and replace it with a table and add this as an expression and then share a snapshot of the new table?

Max(TOTAL Aggr(RangeMax(

Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)]),

Count({$<[Catalogus (definitief)]={'Equipments'},[SB definitief]={'X'}>}[Catalogus (definitief)]),

Count(distinct(Equipment))), ChartDimensionHere))

dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I've found the issue: What I overlooked when creating the graph is that there were still a whole bunch of invalid ("NULL") data in my graph. By disableing the NULL-values, the graph is now reacting  as expected.

As mentioned before I'm new to QlikSense.......but thanks anyway for your assistance.