Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Associations

I m quite new the qlik sence. I have tow associated tables A and B which have a common field Email

In a measure I want to do a count only on the emails of table A . I want the equivalent of this sql statement Select A.Email.

When I set the association between the tow table i can't distinguish between the emails of table A and the emails of table B

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

If there is no way to distinguish which table they came from then you have a couple of choices.

Change the field name in one of the tables so that they don't associate.  Then you can create separate tables displaying each tables data. Of course they will not automatically associate if you also need to do other things with the data.

Or you could create a new field in the load with a value of A or B that would then allow you to filter in the app for emails from each table.  This would give you both the association as well as the ability to filter the tables.

OmarBenSalem

add a flag in each table:

Table1:

load email,

field1,

field2,

'Table1' as Flag1

from source1;

Table2:

load email,

fieldA,

fieldB,

'Table2' as Flag2

from source2;

Now, if u want to count the email of table1 :

count({<Flag1={'Table1'}>}email)

Now, if u want to count the email of table2 :

count({<Flag2={'Table2'}>}email)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried the proposed solution  but it gives me an error in the script editor. here is my data model . I want to calculate the ratio between the count of the emails of table A and the emails of table B modèle de données.PNG