Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to open file xlsx

Hi,

I am trying to open a .xlsx file from Qlik Sense Server.

I created a connection to the folder where is located the file, and when I try to select the data, Qlik sends me this error :

image.png

(It is in french)

It means: "Impossible to open the following file : {0}. Check that the file is available, and then reload the script."

I tried to open another .xlsx document located in the same folder, and it worked.

I thought about access rights issues, but it does not seem to be the case as I previously managed to open the file in Qlik Sense, and nothing changed in the server.

If you have any idea of what could be the issue, please share it.

Paul

8 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Can you open the .xlsx file manually?

If so, try open and repair to see if the file is corrupt.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I can open it manually.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it.

The file seems to be perfectly valid.

balabhaskarqlik

May be, if this file is generated by any subroutines, this XSLX is having troubles with the file extension  when created, making that the file is like "corrupted" so QlikView doesn't recognize it. So what I think that you may check the subroutine that is used to generate the excel file.

It is the issue with Excel, nothing to do in Qlikview.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The file was generated manually.

I also think that the issue comes from the excel file.

I think it is weird that Qlik finds the file in its explorer but cannot display the name of the file in the error message. Maybe it is a lead.

imhappiee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Try copying the data in that excel to a new excel file and try loading the new excel file, if that loads then it might be issue with the original excel file

Give it a try

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

I did the copy pasting and it worked.

It is a good way to get round the problem.

I still wonder what is the issue with the original file, because it once worked.

I leave the topic opened for that purpose.

Thanks anyway.

imhappiee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cool,

Sometimes the excel file gets partially saved or corrupted due to some unknown bugs , may be that is casuing the issue in your case.

Thanks

Anand

Abhi_WP
Contributor III
Contributor III

You might have saved your file in binary or some other format.