Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why changes to apps are lost?

Hi!

I use Qlik Sense version 3.0.0. Changes made to apps, like editing variables, deleting variables, editing measures are occassionally lost. Sometimes it happens when the app is reloaded. Sometimes it is enough to reload the browser after a while (or a longer while). I am curious if somebody else experiences this and if there is something that can be identified as a cause for such a behaviour.

49 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - I am revising this and reached out to our products team to see what the best way to address this would be.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any updates? I was working for 4 hours last night on Qlik Cloud and everything I did has been lost. Its like yesterday didn't happen. All my work gone.

I am a mac user so Qlik Cloud is my only option but have zero trust in it any more so Tableau it is

mjones87
Contributor III
Contributor III

+1 I am experiencing the same issue which is unbelievably frustrating.

There should be some indication of save state shown at a minimum if there are unsaved changes and Qlik is trying to catch up in the background along with a re-save entire app option somewhere to force an update.

EDIT: I get this console error when it fails to save: This plugin is unsupported and deprecated, use instead angularjs $injector

davequinn
Contributor III
Contributor III

+1 on this Michael.

QS Enterprise v11.24.1

drjoffily
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Hi Michael,

It's been over an year sense you last said you were chasing this up! Have you heard anything back from the R&D team?

I've had the same issue multiple times in the last couple of months. Before that it never happened.

There was no server upgrade or anything for the last 12 months. We're using Qlik Sense June 17 enterprise.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Marcos - thanks for reaching out - I have multiple times reached out to our products team and made them aware of this, but I don't get any direct updates - so I am not sure. Have you contacted Qlik Support about this issue. If you are using a licensed version of Qlik Sense Enterprise - you should have a support contract with either us directly or your supporting partner or re-seller. I will push this over with highest priority once again and see what's going on. I apologize for the issues you are experiencing.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam - sorry to hear about your trouble with this - I wish I had a better explanation as to why this occurred.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Joseph - have you contacted Qlik Support regarding this issue? - I assume you are talking about Qlik Sense Enterprise - as this thread was originally opened regarding Qlik Sense Enterprise v3.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello All

Regarding this particular issue - I have a few things to throw out to see if any of them match your scenario as to why this could be occurring.

• Are any of you using Microsoft IE / Edge?
  • Are any of you using multiple browsers / sessions / tabs when developing - Data Load Editor, Data Manager, Design View, Analysis View etc.

The reason I state these things is that I am aware of certain limits within IE / Edge or perhaps / network configuration settings (if different browsers) - that only a certain number of web socket connections can be established in a particular session - so either connections are not being made and therefore content is not being saved - OR - another browser session is overwriting previously edited content - so therefore in one browser you have made some changes and the other you have not - and whatever one is connected last is saved so to speak - please be assured I have contacted the Qlik Account manager for Marcos and the AUS pre-sales technical team and the Qlik Sense Cloud team - I have also opened case 01443026 with Qlik Support that can be referenced Visit our Support Portal - at this time I wish there was something physically I can do for you all - if I hear anything immediately I will update this thread. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

Adam, please contact me via email and let me know what email you use to log into QSCB. I'm logging another bug on this and that information may help the team track down the issue by checking logs.

Regards,

Joe