Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Eliminating an expression created out of nowhere!

Hello,

Am currently doing an analysis for a dataset of various countries but and comparing current month values to previous month values.

In the table 'For Check of the above', i do have the correct country list. However in the lower table, a country '0' pops out of nowhere when i include the arrows.

The country '0' is also populated in the field list whereas there do not exist any country '0' :S

Can someone help me to eliminate this country '0' from my dimension please.

qv prob.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have about using this expression in your Dimension...

IF(Country <> 0, Country)

Cheers - DV

View solution in original post

7 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have about using this expression in your Dimension...

IF(Country <> 0, Country)

Cheers - DV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It sure looks like a country 0 does exists ....

Did you check your datasource and your script?

Maybe you can share your QV-file here so I can take a closer look.

Dennis.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

PS

DV's Solution should work to get rit of it out your dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks DV, your solution does work mate though am still perplex on how the country '0' appears only in one table with the arrows and not in the upper table.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You are welcome!

Are you using Straight table? How about if you select a new ListBox & TableBox on Country, Do you see the 0? It will easy if you can upload the QV document. If you have sensitive data then scramble the data...

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

DV - the problem is sorted out now..

The app has been created by a third party and have gone through the QVD generation of the script and its in there that the country '0' is being created.

Thanks again, i have just started to put my hands on QlikView.. More probs (even silly ones) to come from me i guess

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Rajiv - I am glad you got it working. I am still learning and I think is silly as long as you ask .

Happy learning!

Cheers - DV