Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense maps - select multiple administrative areas (County or State)

I have successfully created a map by zip code and can narrow the content by administrative area 1 (in my case State) and administrative area 2 (in my case County).  I have hardcoded selections for these areas and when inputting one value everything looks great.  Example:

How would I select multiple values: In this case, select each 'PA' and 'MD' in the Administrative area (Level 1) selection?

Thank you in advance

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't have any County codes in my data set.  I am simply using Zip Code.  I used the Excel file to see if I could use it as a source for the Administrative Level 2 layer.  Presently, when I hard code US, PA, & Lebanon as my three layers, Qlik Sense knows the correct Zip Codes and narrows the map to just the one County.  I am trying to change the hardcoded value of County to accept more than one County at a time.  Thus the Excel file attempt.

NOTE: I am on Qlik Sense June 2018

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the interim, I was successful by simply limiting my data to only the Zip Codes in the Counties of interest and removing Administrative Layer 2 from the Zip Code Area Layer.