Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Execution Finished but Task Failing

Hi All,

I have two tasks scheduled in the QMC which have failed several days in a row and I am trying to understand why.  They are not particularly intensive loads.  When I click the i icon in the QMC on the task the message relating to the fail is 'Message from ReloadProvider: The sequence of events was not completed. Check engine or script logs.' When I check the script log script log the last line of the log is 'Execution Finished' and there is no reference as to why the load failed.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

Mark

15 Replies
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I should also add that when I run these tasks manually they run succesfully

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mark, Did you find the solution for this issue?

I am also experiencing the same issue and Qlik is not giving any suppport...

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

is that task event trigger ?

do you have multiple tasks on same app?

try to check for the same and delete all other tasks with same app,

and create only one task for this and test.

balabhaskarqlik

May be try like this:

Qlikview task in QMC seems running forever

Delete the Task file and re run the services again.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, the apps now have 1 GB of size and the first execution uses to fail. Yesterday I tried to upload the app manually and it was not until the 4 time that it  was uploaded correctly. Therefore, I modified the max retries number, that was set to 0 and now is set to 5.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

This is what I got from Qlik:

The warning to which you are referring - QVGeneral: when AAALR(1.293973) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency. AAALR" is a very low level concept deep in the QlikView engine. Generally speaking it means the average length of aggregation array. The longer this array is, the more RAM usage and CPU power are to be consumed by the engine to get aggregation result for every hypercube node and can thus effect performance.

When AAALR is greater than 1.0, normally the customer has a large data set and suffers slow responses and high memory usage in their app.

To mitigate this, you can add the below setting to the Settings.ini file located in the QlikTech\QlikViewServer:

DisableNewRowApplicator=0

By setting this parameter to “0”, QlikView will use an new algorithm which is optimized for large data set to do the aggregation, and will consume much less RAM and CPU power.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

I used the ProcMon over the folder where the .qvf are and notice that the antivirus real time protection was reading the files when the QMC was trying to save them, causing the error.

By adding the path to the antivirus real time protection exclusion folders it was fixed.

janethlh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, is there any update/solution on this problem?

My client's environment also facing similar issue on the larger apps. We're now in Feb 2020 QS.

zm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem on QS June2020 Patch 5. Just a quick info on in and how you fixed it would be great. Thank you in advance!